Monday, October 7, 2013

New phones!!!!!

I was so lucky to know someone during my trip to Melaka with other bloggers and somehow 2 new phones manage to land on my hands for a week to play with... It was quite an enjoyable week... The 2 phones were the newly launched Ninetology U9 Z1+ and Sony Xperia Z Ultra... Hit the jump to read more...


The Z1+


The Xperia Z Ultra


So I planned not to use the conventional way to describe them in techy way but to just let you readers out there to know what was my whole experience using the phones separately... The 2 phones was what I requested from the Tech Kaiju Arena person in charge and I was lucky enough to get use both the phones especially the Xperia Z Ultra... Those who knows me well will surely know that I'm a Sony fan... :D So lets move on... 


Inside the box of Xperia Z Ultra

So as you can see the things that come together with the phone inside the box are just the standard accessories needed for your daily use... The 1st thing that came to my mind after opening the box was " WOAH!!!! Really Ultra Big Screen like advertised in many places... A joke Mentioned by Samuel Lee from Ninetology was this phone can be used to slap people if you 'bo song' him/ her... :P The next thing to do was to fully charge the phone and I had to wait the next day to play with it as it was getting late already...


Inside the box of Z1+

So of course I cant wait to open the insides of the Ninetology 1 right??? This 1 also gave me a big WOAH... So many things pack within the box... There's the normal head phones and charger but the extra's being put in are the universal travel charger (with 2 USB ports), screen protector, pouch and also a power bank which is not inside the box... As a consumer of course you will like all the extra stuff... The people of Ninetology was so considerate to throw in so much goodies... The next thing to do was to charge up the power bank and the phone too for my next day tryout...

I brought both the phones to my work place to test it out... My colleagues were jealous of me getting the latest toys to play with but I was generous enough to loan them to play with it as I also wanted to know their feedback... So below are the feedback I have for both the phones after using it for a week...

1st of for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra... The main point of this phone I think would be the really big screen... Seeing things on this phone is really easy as it is very big and could be called a phablet... Browsing the internet and playing games on it was really fun... You dont really need to zoom much and save you a lot of hassle... Listening songs using the ear piece was also quite a good experience as the music was loud and clear but listening it using the built in speaker could be better if the phone got 2 external speaker (1 at the top and 1 at the bottom) instead of just 1 speaker to create the surround sound effect?? Next of is the camera which every phone user will use nowadays... The photos attached in this post were a mixture taken from the Z Ultra and the Z1+... Photo quality is quite ok as most of the photos taken were in a dimly lit environment... There's a bit of noise but at least its clear... I dont expect it to be on par with the DSLR but its still ok for me... Maybe I should do a print test?? At the end of the day of course I need to copy the pictures to my computer right??? Somehow I could not find the paste function in the File Commander app (wanted to copy the photos in the internal memory to my micro SD card) and in the end I has to connect the phone using the USB cable... Overall I can say is the interface of the phone is smooth and I did not notice any laggyness...

Next would be the Ninetology U9 Z1+.. It is actually designed by Malaysians, made in China and being sold in the ASEAN countries... We should be proud having our own country designed phone as this shows that Malaysian electronic engineers are as good as overseas (I myself is an electronic engineer... HAHAHA)... As mentioned before all the accessories provided which came together with the box really made life easier... For example the power bank, you dont need to spend extra money for it... Nowadays the smart phone battery die really really fast so an external power bank would be a need already...The screen of the Z1+ is just normal like my Xperia S and I cant really see the difference just by normally viewing on it... The buttons on the Z1+ was a bit bad as under strong bright light I could not even see the icon (buttons were being lited using LED)... The sound system on the Z1+ was good also as I can hear the songs loud and clear using the ear piece and speaker... The 1 thing nice about the camera function in the Z1+ is the portraiture function (self named funtion)... Your skin will automatically be smooth taking with this function...


sorry ya.. just pinjam your photo... :D


Can see the difference???

As you can see the results on the above photo, instant magic and no photoshop needed... Girls will definitely love this function... You dont need to get that expensive Casio camera to have this function... The photo file size is bigger than the Z Ultra but by just looking at it on the phone screen you cant really notice the difference as nowadays people just post their picture on instagram, facebook, etc... Its not like you're gonna print the photos out... As long as it is clear and view-able, users will be satisfied already... The interface of the Z1+ is also quite special as you have some animations while scrolling on the phone and as my colleague also found out inside the messaging function you can change the background like whatsapp which you cant find in other android phones...

All good things must come to an end and its time to return the phone already... For a RM1300 Ninetology U9 Z1+ phone it is really a good buy because its quite affordable and user friendly... If you are low on budget and want to get an all rounder phone this would be it... If you're a Sony fans and have the extra money in your wallet the Sony Xperia Z Ultra would be your choice... I'm sorry if I did not test the extra functions of both the phones as time was quite limited but if you have any questions about my experience with the phones you can just drop a comment below and I will do my best to answer you... Ciaoz....


No comments: