Friday, April 3, 2020

2019 in a summary and the start of 2020

Just wanted to put a remark in my online diary after 1 year gone missing again. 2019 was a challenging year to me too as the company I worked for just suddenly went bankrupt. More about it below


Most of my colleagues were laid off in June 2019 and just a handful was picked by the company who took over the project to continue working at the Pengkalan Hulu construction site. As of today, my epf and PCB was being deducted from my salary but still not contributed. Epf is from April till July. each month is about RM619. As for PCB its for the month of July which is about RM139. There were colleagues who tried to sue the boss by bringing it to court but at the end the boss just answer the court that he wanted to pay but there is no funds at the moment. So at the end the case just got dragged on and till April 2020 there is still no news on when they will get the salary. This is the same for my epf and PCB.

Work has been busy also as my scope of work start to pick up. I've been really busy under the sun and up the building. At last it really took a toll on my body in 2020. During the body check up in March 2020, my blood test shows that my kidney is not functioning well.. My urea, creatinine and potassium is way over my normal range. Dr suspected my SLE has flare up and I thought so too as I was having low blood pressure and easily fatigue prior to the body check up. I was prescribed with high dose hydro cortisone steroid to suppress my immune system while being warded at Hospital Kulim.

During my stay in the wad, i found out Hospital Kulim was not that crowded as compared to HTAR and Hospital Serdang. Maybe there are less people visiting the hospital due to the Covid-19 virus pandemic happening globally. Malaysia implemented the Movement Control Order (MCO) on 18 March 2020 and I was warded 1 day earlier. After further investigation while I was warded, I found out that my kidney has shrinked over the years, am at stage 1 bilateral renal parenchymal, having low blood count too and my SLE has not flared up. During the whole 1 week warded, my blood test result did not become any better (luckily didnt get worst) and so I am discharged.

I was told that I need to come back for blood test in 2 weeks time and follow up the result in 1 month time. 2 weeks is almost up and I've been staying alone in the company's hostel all alone. Its quite hard living alone and often I worry I may just collapse without anyone knowing. Hopefully things will just be ok and I can see the end of the tunnel of the MCO and get out there to enjoy.

No comments: