Monday, December 31, 2018

Targets for 2019

As usual we should be setting a new target every year so that we will have purpose in our lives. I haven't been strict with myself and I ended up not accomplishing some of my dreams. I remembered I used to set the below targets for me to achieve:


  1. Be healthy - after all these years, 20 years o be exact, I'm still able to have the determination to live on as I have still plenty of dreams that I want to fulfill. I may not have many years left but I do want to live the fullest of it.
  2. Having a life partner - I finally found my soulmate and she is currently my fiance. I intend to provide her the best that I could. Just that sometimes things dont always go as planned or I'm sometimes being too lazy which is the main reason I could not be better in my career. Which comes to my 3rd point.
  3. Photography career - Ever since I started photography, I enjoyed it so much (especially in female portraiture) that I hope to make it as my career but after so many years and listening to those in the industry long enough, it is a tough job as business is getting more and more stiff in the new era.  Previously I was still able to accept freelance shooting jobs when I was working in Shah Alam. This year I'm being transferred to a small village called Pengkalan Hulu. Its a nice place here but it seems that it is not good for my freelance career because the demand for photography here is very very little. Thus I need to find a new way to make it work here as I'll be in this place for another year.
  4. Yoyoing - I did enjoyed playing yoyos back in those days. I think it was 1 of thing to motivate me to get back on my feet standing to play after I was unable to walk around after bed ridden for almost a year back in 2008. Now my yoyos are sitting in the store room of my parents house gathering dust. I'm not sure if I can find back my collection and it is actually quite precious to me. I was still studying during those days when I was playing yoyo as my hobby. Lots of money have been invested in it but I'm not sure I could fetch a high price for those olden days limited edition yoyos such as Proyos. 

So lets recap what I've been able to achieve in 2018 and what target which need to be carry forward to 2019.

  • Able to learn more about construction work as I'm now directly hands on with site work. Its quite tough for an SLE patient working under the hot sun but I still challenge myself as I missed the opportunity to learn site works when I was working in Ken Holdings. 
  • Went on an oversea holiday with my fiance. It was a memorable trip and I hope to go on more trips with her in the coming year.
  • Witness few Thailand festivals like Loy Krathong and Songkran.
  • Got the keys to my 1st new own house

Guess its not really much good things that have happened in 2018. I just want to keep a note to my future self here that I met with a major accident that cost a bomb in my financial pocket. Must remind myself to always check my car condition and sometimes you just have to be selfish to protect yourself or you will suffer for quite some time. Only family will always be there for you, some friends are just in name but couldnt offer much help to you. I am really grateful to my parents, sister ,relative and especially Swan my fiance for always being there for me through ups and downs

So now here are the list of things that I need to do in 2019:

  1. In order for me to proceed further, I need to settle all my debts asap. Housing loan, car loan, mom's personal loan, Swan's investment and the company loan. All I think add up to about RM30k without include the housing loan which will be paid of in a longer period of time
  2. Expand my photography business. Since I've already got her to invest in me, I must quickly setup my studio and start accepting jobs to repay back the money I owe her to buy my 1st Broncolor studio strobe. Thanks dear for your trust. Update my portfolio and make it a task to do at least 1 personal project each month. My photography website also needs update for the photo section
  3. Decorate my house into a proper living space and make a home studio out of half my apartment space. 
  4. Get married. 
  5. Earn more money by doing the necessary things. Cant be lazy anymore if I want to settle down with her.
  6. Be more active back on my blog since I've kind of abandon it.
  7. Last but not least, take care of my health. I need to be strong and healthy so that I could take care of her and not making her worry of me all the time.

This is me penning off for 2018. Ciaoz and happy new year everyone.

No comments: